|By Alin Irimie||
|June 12, 2009 06:15 AM EDT||
Microsoft announced at TechEd India — a show running simultaneously with TechEd 2009 in Los Angeles, a new software development kit for people interested in building apps in PHP for Windows Azure cloud.
The PHP SDK for Windows Azure, a.k.a. PHPAzure, is an open source project, available for download from Microsoft CodePlex. The SDK provides consistent programming model for Windows Azure Storage (Blobs, Tables, Queues).
Program Manager, Peter Galli, said Microsoft also is announcing “the launch of a series of projects that offer samples and a toolkit that enable PHP developers to include Silverlight controls, Microsoft Virtual Earth maps and IE Webslices and Accelerators in PHP web applications; as well as automatically generated a simple Create, Read, Update, Delete (CRUD) PHP application from a table in SQL Server.”
A Technology Preview of the PHP SDK for Windows Azure will be released under a BSD license, while a functionally complete version of the SDK, which will support tables and queues, should be available for download by this fall of 2009, but the team is calling on developers to provide feature requests, test the toolkit, and join the user forum.
Meanwhile you can read the Getting Started Guide here.
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- The Future of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up
- Did Google's Eric Schmidt Coin "Cloud Computing"?
- Cloud Computing Is Far More Than Just Cutting Enterprise IT Costs
- SYS-CON's 1st International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo: Show Report
- Amazon, Google, Microsoft - Big Three Cloud Providers Examined
- Ray Ozzie: Who Can Keep Microsoft From "Growing Old Inside"?