|By PR Newswire||
|August 27, 2014 09:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Vormetric, a leader in enterprise data security for physical, virtual, big data, and cloud environments, today announced rapid adoption by cloud and managed service providers (MSPs), software as a service (SaaS) solution vendors and enterprise cloud users of its data-at-rest protection solutions for encryption and access control.
As a result of the rising tide of data breaches at high profile institutions, multiplying national privacy regulations, and increasingly strict compliance requirements, enterprises can only take advantage of the business agility, cost advantage and efficiency of cloud, MSP and SaaS solutions with strong protections for sensitive data in place. Vormetric's data protection offerings are helping organizations meet this need, enabling expanded business for SaaS, cloud and MSP services, and empowering enterprises to reap the benefits of these offerings.
10X increase in Cloud, MSP and SaaS Encryption + Access Control deployments @Vormetric in the last year bit.ly/1b2Z2pJ
Within the last year, Vormetric has increased data encryption and access control deployments for servers within these environments by over 10X, signed and deployed with ten Vormetric cloud partners, and became available in leading IBM and AWS cloud marketplaces. Accelerated adoption during this period includes:
- Cloud-enabled managed hosting providers Rackspace, Virtustream, IBM, Cirrity, and others that now make Vormetric data security available as an offering for their customers
- Managed service providers QTS, D+H, ProCirrus, and others providing Vormetric data-at-rest protections as an element of their suite of enterprise IT managed services offerings
- SaaS/PaaS providers that have implemented Vormetric encryption and access controls to protect enterprise data within their environments include AtTask and Pegasystems
- Go-to-market partnerships with public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) providers, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google enable pay-as-you-go deployments into these environments
- Cloud aggregation and consulting firms like CloudHesive provide Vormetric Data Security for building secure cloud environments for their clients
- Enterprise customers deploy Vormetric for bring your own encryption (BYOE) implementations to safeguard public, private and hybrid cloud implementations. Deploying encryption and access controls with key management either within their own data center or using a secure cloud appliance
- The launch of the Vormetric Cloud Partner Program, enabling cloud and managed service providers to leverage Vormetric Data Security to safeguard end customer data using flexible usage-based pricing models and dedicated sales and technical enablement resources
Vormetric's proven data-protection platform includes Vormetric Transparent Encryption and Vormetric Application Encryption solutions. Vormetric Transparent Encryption provides data encryption and access controls at the file or volume level across data centers, big data environments, public and private clouds. Vormetric Application Encryption enables developers to easily build encryption for individual fields (such as social security numbers, passwords, addresses and phone numbers) directly into applications.
"With cloud services growth forecasted at 23% per year through 2018, protection for data-at-rest is a key enabler for adoption," said C.J. Radford, Vormetric's vice president of cloud. "Enterprise customers are requiring encryption and access controls to meet compliance frameworks and safeguard sensitive data. As a result, enterprises are either selecting only cloud service providers that make these controls available to them directly, or bringing their solution of choice to implement within public cloud environments."
Vormetric (@Vormetric) is the industry leader in data security solutions that span physical, virtual, big data, and cloud environments. Data is the new currency and Vormetric helps over 1400 customers, including 17 of the Fortune 30 and many of the world's most security conscious government organizations, to meet compliance requirements and protect what matters — their sensitive data — from both internal and external threats. The company's scalable Vormetric Data Security Platform protects any file, any database and any application — anywhere it resides — with a high performance, market-leading data security platform that incorporates application transparent encryption, privileged user access controls, automation and security intelligence.
Vormetric is a trademark of Vormetric, Inc
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- The Future of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up
- Did Google's Eric Schmidt Coin "Cloud Computing"?
- Cloud Computing Is Far More Than Just Cutting Enterprise IT Costs
- SYS-CON's 1st International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo: Show Report
- Amazon, Google, Microsoft - Big Three Cloud Providers Examined
- Ray Ozzie: Who Can Keep Microsoft From "Growing Old Inside"?